Please Need Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBROSE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I am not sure were this goes. My sister is freaking out and I am trying to get some advice to tell her what to do because I think they did not follow procedure right.

Here it is:

She had been the hospital for be severely depressed and was unable to go back to work right away. she showed her job that was not able to go and was in the hospital. She returned to work and later down the week was told to come in for a meeting before going to her shift, she went to the meeting and was told that their profit margin has gone down, she started this job at the end of August, and they are starting from the first of August so anyhow they said she stoled over 6500 in money and merchandise from them and that a tape showed some discrepancies but did not specifically say what. They also said they saw on one tape her putting money in the register for customer who came up to counter with a gallon of milk and cigs, but did not see her ring it up, but like I said she did put money in the register. When they told her all this they said also to her that since she was in hospital for what she was and the medicine she is on for it,s he must of stole the money because she is a druggie and needed it for that. The proceeding to tell her that if she did not sign the paper that said she took over 6500 in cash and merchandise that they would have her arrested and prosecuted, they made her sign over her check right there and agree to pay 125.00 a week for one year and when her last check comes next week that she is to be there at noon to sign over her other check as well and they had it notarized as well. She was scared and signed it, she did not take the money, they showed her no proof she did, no witnesses, no tape showing it, just them telling her they feel she did it based on their profit loss margin report. They then told her that they would give her a good reference letter for another job and that she was a good employee who came to work everyday on time and was good with the employees.
Questions;
Do they have a case against her
Should she get a lawyer
Can they make her sign her checks over to them
Don't they have to show proof to her of what she is being accused of
Is that paper a binding contract between them
When she goes to get her other check should she sign it over
She is to make her first payment to them this week as well...even though signed over first check they want another payment as well
They did not call the law enforcement, did not file in courts or press any charges against her, just that letter
They must show evidence right

Any advice is welcome for me to help her she is scared!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back