Please help

Jeff1237

Jurisdiction
Louisiana
So about 4 or 5 years ago a friend of mine sent me 800 bucks to help get back home and I insisted on paying them back and they del ones saying they just wanted me and my girlfriend back in our home state.

when we got back, he would also just give me and my girlfriend money (I know it's weird) I always told him I don't need it and he always said that money doesn't mean anything to him.

fast forward to now he won't stop messaging me threatening to press charges on me and sue me for the money he gave me, all because he is in love and should have had a shot with me and I keep telling him no as I am married with kids and in a very professional job. Is there anything he can do? Or can I block the numbers and texts and leave him in the past? He is bi polar text me one day he loves me and then the next he hates me I'm the worst friend ever, I block numbers he uses other apps to message me and my wife, what can I do? I feel at this point I would have grounds for anything dismissed based off retaliation,

I have also had to call the cops because he threatens to kill himself none stop please help I'm tired of dealing with this and so is my family

Have a little patience. No need to post the same thing 4 times in a half hour. I've deleted your duplicates.

Is there anything he can do?

He's probably just blowing smoke.

Or can I block the numbers and texts and leave him in the past?

Certainly. And you would be wise to do so ASAP.

have also had to call the cops because he threatens to kill himself none stop

Did you get a police report on record.

I block numbers he uses other apps to message me and my wife, what can I do?

His behavior may qualify you to be able to take out a restraining order for harassment. Here are some resources:

louisiana restraining order harassment at DuckDuckGo

Have a little patience. No need to post the same thing 4 times in a half hour. I've deleted your duplicates.

His behavior may qualify you to be able to take out a restraining order for harassment. Here are some resources:

Of course. Almost certainly, he can do dozens or even hundreds of things. He cannot press charges, but he can go to the police and try and convince them that a crime was committed. Since we cannot predict what he might tell the police, we cannot predict what they might do in response. He can also sue you (which isn't to say any lawsuit would have any chance of succeeding).

can I block the numbers and texts and leave him in the past?

I have no reason to think you lack the ability to block this person on your phone. Whether that will result in you "leav[ing] him in the past" is impossible for us to know, but you indicated later in your post that you have blocked him in the past and that he has communicated with you by other means.

what can I do?

You may want to consider seeking a restraining order.

Back