PLEASE HELP

Charlc93

Jurisdiction
United Kingdom
Got the car back and it was running fine for about 8-9 months when the gear box went on me again! I contacted them and they advised they were not going to do anything about it and I had to get it done myself. So I had to get it done myself which cost me over £1000 which I didn't have! So now I was unable to pay for the finance because I had no money as I had to pay for the car to be fixed! The garage who fixed my gear box also advised that the gear box had not been fitted properly when it was last fixed!

So I went back to them and they advised that it was my issue and that they weren't going to do anything, and that If I didn't make my monthly payment they will cut my car off so I can't use it!

I was then falling behind on my payments and had to up my monthly payment to get it paid off! Then 9 months later I was driving from London to Warrington (250 miles) and the engine cut out on me in the middle of Birmingham and I had to pay £300 to be towed back. I then had to pay for a new engine for my car which again was way over £1000 to fix! Once again the car finance company said they weren't going to do anything and I still needed to pay my monthly payment.

I am now £800 behind on my payments and all they seem to be doing is upping my monthly payment! I'm not paying £300 a month instead of £160 for a stupid 58 plate Astra!! I've got no savings left and I don't know what to do anymore! They are saying if I can give the car back then that fine but I would still have to pay for the rest of the finance! HELPPPP

Falling behind on your payments is a separate issue that the shop won't be responsible for.

When you initially had work done several months ago did you receive any kind of warranty on the work? If so, that warranty will help determine if the shop has any responsibility. Most likely after so much time passed any warranty would have expired, and the cost of the repair does fall on you unfortunately.

Back