Please help

Amandaamyx14

Jurisdiction
Tennessee
Can someone please tell me how I can find out if my name is retail theft database ? I was tricked into signing this paper I had no clue what it was because I was so up set and treated like I was a nobody.

You're not supposed to know if your name is in the retail theft database. That's the whole point.

I was tricked into signing this paper I had no clue what it was because I was so up set and treated like I was a nobody.

The retailer asks people who have allegedly been caught STEALINg to sign them.

If you've been accused of STEALING by most of the larger retailers (and many smaller ones, too), you signed an admission/acknowledgement of guilt & agreed to ban yourself from their premises, you are SAFE to presume YOUR name is in SEVERAL of those databases.

I suggest you use this lesson to stay on the straight and narrow.

Nothing you can do about it now, except refrain from stealing....

Most likely it is particularly if a large retail store was involved.

First off your NOT required to give permission to be in such a database. Second if the store you stole from is a subscriber to a database then there is a 99% chance your name is now in there. It will be there for 7 years. Now the good side to this is unless you work or plan to work retail it wont really harm you. I am a Retail Theft consultant and answer questions like yours daily

Back