Other Criminal Charges & Offenses Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lola123

I was caught shop lifting, I cooperated fully. I was arrested and recieved a DAT this happened in the bronx. Now I looked at my DAT and saw that the top offense was 170.20. I researched what it was a realized why the officer did not give my ID back. When I recieved my ID I was playing around with the birth year but I quickly cleaned it off so my ID is orgininal when the officer had my ID nothing was false but through a special machine he said he could see it was tampered so I was told to get a new ID now my issue is what am I being charged for shoplifting or this 170.20 ? am I going to jail ? I am 20 my first offense I'm so embarrassed and ashamed i can't sleep I'm a college student and I work full time will this stay on my record I could lose financial aide I don't know what to do and do not have the funds to hire a private lawyer but I also don't want to wait to the day of to talk to an attorney please HELP!

Are you being charged with just shoplifting or are there any other charges like false info to a Police Officer etc

You aren't going to jail.
Show up in court when you are told, and don't say a word to anyone about anything before you have an attorney.
These are both petty offenses that will cost you money, not time in jail.

I don't know what to do and do not have the funds to hire a private lawyer but I also don't want to wait to the day of to talk to an attorney please HELP!

Re a lawyer, you might try your local legal aid society, local or state bar assoc. for a referral to a possible no cost/low cost lawyer or try your local law school if there is one in your area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back