Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Please help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

justwondering08

For about a year, me and a few other people have been emailing an ex girlfriend of mine. We have also emailed a lot of her friends telling her what kind of person we think she is(horrible). We used fake email addresses and she has no idea who we are. We used to call her cell phone and not say anything, but we have not done that in several months. The last time we emailed her was about a month ago. We never threatened her but we did say she was ugly, etc.
We found out she has been working with a TBI agent and we are worried now that she may find out who we are. All communication has stopped and we have not done anything for about a month.
If the TBI agent gets our ip addresses, what all can she find out?
What kind of trouble can we get in?

Please help!

The TBI certainly has an online crimes division that could work a case like what you're describing.

Did your ex ever ask/tell you to stop contacting her? If so, it sounds like she could have a good case against you for harassment or something of a similar nature, even though it was online.

Every state law enforcement agency (and even many ordinary citizens) can trace your IP address from an e-mail you sent, IM conversation, etc. If you used your own computer then it is definitely a possibility that the state could take some kind of legal action against you, I don't know what specifically since I'm not familiar with the laws in Tennessee. What I do know is that it will likely depend at least in part on what was said in these communications--if you ever threatened her or anything like that it would be worse for you than if you had just asked her to take you back or something of that nature...

Yes, she told us to leave her alone and so did her friends. We all just kept emailing back and forth.
We never followed her or even saw her, just communicated via email. I did it from my work computer and not my personal computer.
I never threatened her at all. I just said stupid things like she was a slut, ugly and crap like that. I basically just put her down and that was it.
Can she still do something if we left her alone? Will it be really easy for the tbi agent to get my ip since it is through my work computer?

Yes, she told us to leave her alone and so did her friends. We all just kept emailing back and forth.
We never followed her or even saw her, just communicated via email. I did it from my work computer and not my personal computer.
I never threatened her at all. I just said stupid things like she was a slut, ugly and crap like that. I basically just put her down and that was it.
Can she still do something if we left her alone? Will it be really easy for the tbi agent to get my ip since it is through my work computer?

I believe to theaten or harass someon by any form of comunitcation is a felony Bill Clinton passed that one.

You can look under the FCC, it may be in there.

I believe to theaten or harass someon by any form of comunitcation is a felony Bill Clinton passed that one.

You can look under the FCC, it may be in there.

Do you have a cite for that law?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back