Please Help!! vacation nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kali8268

I rented a vacation home in Orlando from a company a couple months ago for a period of 1 week. I paid a total of $1500 for the stay. After driving for four hours from my home in south florida I arrive to the location and find that it is not what had been posted on the vacation home website. The picture had obviously been taken years before when the home was newer because this place was decaying and full of bugs.

Trying to get my money back from the owner, even after just staying one day, led nowhere. I ended up disputing the charge with my credit card and they did refund my money. A few months later I get another charge on the same card for $1500 from a different company. It seems that the couple that owned the vacation home company have several ficticious names registered in florida and the second charge on my card is from one of their other companies with which I have never had business with and they keep reattempting the charge.

Do I have a case on the grounds that they knowingly used a different business name in attempt to fraudulently collect money that had already been refunded or at least for all the hassle these unscrupulous people have caused?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back