Please help soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevind22

My grandmother died in July of 2004 (grandfather died earlier) and her house was left
to their three children (my mom, uncle, and aunt). My sister moved into my grandmother's house in September 2004 with the understanding that her and her husband would eventually buy it ($10,000 each to my mom, aunt, and uncle). Due to a foreclosure on a previous house, my sister and her husband were not able to get the loan. My mom and aunt have agreed to let them make payments until it is paid off, but my uncle will not agree to this and says he wants the full $10,000 now or he will have them kicked out. With my mom and aunt being co-owners of the house, does my uncle have a legal right to ask them to leave?? Thanks in advance for any help!

Kevind22 said:
My grandmother died in July of 2004 (grandfather died earlier) and her house was left
to their three children (my mom, uncle, and aunt). My sister moved into my grandmother's house in September 2004 with the understanding that her and her husband would eventually buy it ($10,000 each to my mom, aunt, and uncle). Due to a foreclosure on a previous house, my sister and her husband were not able to get the loan. My mom and aunt have agreed to let them make payments until it is paid off, but my uncle will not agree to this and says he wants the full $10,000 now or he will have them kicked out. With my mom and aunt being co-owners of the house, does my uncle have a legal right to ask them to leave?? Thanks in advance for any help!
What kind of ownership do they have? If it is a joint tenancy (each owns undivided shares) then it is a bit of a mess. Technically, all three have to agree in order to convey title. Your mom and aunt can just as easily make trouble for him. There are legal remedies but they might as well talk it over and compromise or else the lawyers will be getting the money instead of the parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back