Property Invasion, Damages, Trespass Please help my friend anyone with criminal knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.

al1322

Alright heres the scenario...i had dropped my friend off at his house and he was still passed out in my car..i could not get him out so i went in to get his wife to help out when i came back out he was gone and the cops were there...apparently he thought he was going in his house but he went in his neighbors house and broke their front door in the process..i guess he just went upstairs and went to bed. the houses are similar. they called the cops and arrested him for disorderly conduct,trespassing, and criminal damage for the door..he says he cannot remember what happend as his blood alcohol was .47 when they took it..he has got everything squared away with the neghbors and is going to pay to fix the door which they said would be $300..he has a good job and supports a family of 5 pretty much on his own. his only priors were about 7 yrs ago for disturbing the peace bcuz he worked at the bar and they gave everyone tickets and for possesion of drug paraphanelia like 17 years ago..he has had a steady job his whole life and doesnt get in trouble...he just had his first court date and had to sign a signature bond until the next date..all 3 charges were misdemeanors and hes all freaked out cuz he doesnt want to lose his job thus his family being homeless and hes unsure about getting a public defender but cannot afford a lawyer?..what should he do any suggestions on whats going to happen?..this is in wisconsin thank you

Alright heres the scenario...i had dropped my friend off at his house and he was still passed out in my car..i could not get him out so i went in to get his wife to help out when i came back out he was gone and the cops were there...apparently he thought he was going in his house but he went in his neighbors house and broke their front door in the process..i guess he just went upstairs and went to bed. the houses are similar. they called the cops and arrested him for disorderly conduct,trespassing, and criminal damage for the door..he says he cannot remember what happend as his blood alcohol was .47 when they took it..he has got everything squared away with the neghbors and is going to pay to fix the door which they said would be $300..he has a good job and supports a family of 5 pretty much on his own. his only priors were about 7 yrs ago for disturbing the peace bcuz he worked at the bar and they gave everyone tickets and for possesion of drug paraphanelia like 17 years ago..he has had a steady job his whole life and doesnt get in trouble...he just had his first court date and had to sign a signature bond until the next date..all 3 charges were misdemeanors and hes all freaked out cuz he doesnt want to lose his job thus his family being homeless and hes unsure about getting a public defender but cannot afford a lawyer?..what should he do any suggestions on whats going to happen?..this is in wisconsin thank you

This is going to be okay.
Tell him to plead not guilty at his next court date.
He should speak to no one about this episode, but his lawyer.
He can hire a lawyer.
But, if his funds are limited, he should ask the judge to appoint one for him.
He can address that at his next court hearing.
Then he stays out of trouble.
He should also STOP drinking all alcohol until this is over!
With a .47, he could die, and/or have another incident like this one!
Eventually he will be offered a deal.
He won't have to go to jail, if he does as I've instructed.
He will have to pay a fine (they'll let him pay it bit by bit), serve probation, pay some fees, and probably do some community service.
The judge may also order him to take an alcohol awareness class.
It might be advisable to volunteer to take one, and then when the time comes, he'll have it out of the way.
His lawyer can advise him how to do that!

Last edited:
ok..he just had his first court date a few days ago..and the judge asked the intake da if he was qualified for deferred prosecution and he said no he has a prior..prob what i listed up there..so the judge pleaded not guilty for him and made him sign a sig bond and got the next court date

Hmm... you must have left him alone for quite awhile in order for him to stumble over to the neighbor's house, kick the door in, crash upstairs, and the police to respond and have him in custody all before you returned to the car??

Army is right. If he is already paying for the damaged door then the only issue that really needs to be addressed is the drunk/disorderly. That is frequently handled without criminal prosecution and the attorney or public defender should be able to minimize the damage. He won't do any jail time, and there is no reason for his employer to even know about it.

idk how he awakened so quickly...i literally went inside and went upstairs to wake his wife up and when i came back down no more than 5 mins later he wasnt there and there was a cop car pulling up...but anyways his work will find out when his name is put in the paper im sure...but ya hopefully it all works out for him

He had a BAC of .47??!? Holy Smokes!! That is well beyond alcohol poisoning! He's lucky to be alive!

When I have found people that high, they go to the hospital first. Our local jail won't accept a booking if anyone is over .25 unless they have been medically cleared due to the risks involved.

Wow!

I concur with the others that this is not likely to be too big a deal. At most, he may face some penalty (perhaps probation, community service, a fine and/or counseling) for the drunk and disorderly aspect, but the matter may be considered resolved by the arrest provided he makes restitution for the door.

That was either an incorrect reading or a typo.... a person at that level would have been comatose, not out bashing down doors and climbing stairs.

I had a guy one time that was .34. The doctor at the hospital was amazed the guy was still functioning. He couldn't walk, but was still conscious and aggravated. Having seen that guy at .34 I would expect someone at .47 to be dead.

ya idk .47 is what he told me he blew and the cop said he was cooperative and responding to him so i guess he sobered up quick once he realized what he had done..he only had to sit at the jail for a few hrs to sober up but didnt have to post any bail or anything

That was either an incorrect reading or a typo.... a person at that level would have been comatose, not out bashing down doors and climbing stairs.

I had a guy one time that was .34. The doctor at the hospital was amazed the guy was still functioning. He couldn't walk, but was still conscious and aggravated. Having seen that guy at .34 I would expect someone at .47 to be dead.
I hooked a guy once at .44 and he was walking and talking ... well, staggering and mumbling, but I did not guess he was that high until after he blew ... got a .30 something on a manual trap on the PBT. Then it was off to the hospital where a blood test came back from the DOJ lab at .44. Wow!

ya idk .47 is what he told me he blew and the cop said he was cooperative and responding to him so i guess he sobered up quick once he realized what he had done..he only had to sit at the jail for a few hrs to sober up but didnt have to post any bail or anything
If he only had to sit for a few hours, he was not at .47. If he were that high, the jail wouldn't have accepted him and he would have had to sit for almost 30 hours to sober up to about .02 ... and that's assuming the best purge rate possible.

The cop ether exaggerated his BAC or you heard him wrong.

But, hopefully your friend gets some help and this doesn't happen again.

ya im not sure what hes going to do...he asked to get a public defender but they said he made too much $14/HR?..and he cannot afford a lawyer with all the bills he pays..his 2nd court date is friday as the judge pleaded not guilt for him the first time..he also paid for the door but cannot install it bcuz according to the bond he cannot have any direct or indirect contact with the neighbors even though they are cool about everything..so he doesnt know what to do..hes afraid not having a lawyer he might have to go to jail thus losing his job and his family being homeless..

If he can't install the new door himself he can still hire someone else to do it for him.
If he shows up to court again without a lawyer they will run him through the motions... just explain again that he can't afford it due to other expenses. It might help if he has actually talked with an attorney or two and he actually has an idea of what the cost is rather than just assuming he can't afford it.

he has he said he called a couple different guys and they wanted $1,500..with everything he has to pay for on his own he said he cant afford to do it..an they wont give him a public defender so idk what they expect him to do. i hope it goes ok for him tomm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back