Please Help, Landlord Problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extasee5886

I moved into a new place about 6 months. After about 3 months there, I started seeing cochroaches around my place. I notified my land lord as soon as I saw one. He came about a week later & gave us a bomb to set off while we were away at work. However, he did not treat anyone else's apartment, so that basically did nothing. They seemed to be coming from another tenants apartment that had been evicted, at least that is what my landlord thinks. This has been going on for 3 months now. I have called him on several occasions and asked him to send someone over to take care of this problem. Besides just being plain nasty, I have a 2 year old daughter & don't need her being exposed to nasty critters like that. Nothing has been done about this. My next step I believe is to file an inspection request with my local board of health. What I am wondering is at what point can I begin to withhold my rent until this is taken care of and they are cleared from my entire building. Please help me! I want to make him take care of this siutation, but I want to do it correctly. Thank you for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back