Please help.. boss was audited, foreman and boss trying to talk us into giving money back

Shane morrow

Jurisdiction
Alabama
Hi I'm Shane from Huntsville Alabama.. im wondering if there's anything that can be done. My boss was recently audited and owes me 9000 where he didn't pay time and a half for overtime pay over the past two years or so. When the woman came to interview us we were pretty much told by the boss what to say which would work out in his favor. I've heard my boss refer to the money he owes us as his money and how he wants to get it back, the foreman on numerous occasions had tried talking to us about giving the money nack, even once saying if we didn't give it back that we were a pos.. I overlooked it for a while but recently left for another job because I feel that neither one of them should have tried to talk us into giving it back, they should've followed the law.. but I left the job because I feel like it was none of the foreman business and felt like the boss set him up to talk us into giving it back. I looked at it as harassment or something or felt that if I didn't give back my hard earned money that we would eventually be fired or something. Was just wondering if I have any type of claim because I go to work everyday work hard follow the rules, and just because my boss didn't do the same I was pretty much told what to say to this investigator to cover my bosses wrongdoings, which jeapordized myself , and the foreman nonstop trying to tell us to give the money back pretty much degrading us if we didnt. Is there anything I can do. Note my boss and foreman are wealthy doing good and I have a young daughter and work really hard t support her and don't have my own place now staying with parents because I took a big decrease in pay when switching jobs because of this. And also other employees were told after I left that he had the check in his hand for me but would wait until the very last day to pay me because im not gonna give the money back. Is there anything I could do thank you

I overlooked it for a while but recently left for another job

Smart move, one day you'll say that leaving the employ of a bullying, thieving, lying, scamming bossman was one of the smartest moves you ever made in your life!

just wondering if I have any type of claim because I go to work everyday work hard follow the rules, and just because my boss didn't do the same I was pretty much told what to say to this investigator to cover my bosses wrongdoings, which jeapordized myself , and the foreman nonstop trying to tell us to give the money back pretty much degrading us if we didnt. Is there anything I can do.

You should report what the scoundrels bullied you and others into saying (in essence demanding you lie) to the agent or representative of the state agency investigating the thieving bully.

You might also wish to discuss potential remedies with a lawyer or two near you.

The initial meeting is often given FREE of charge or obligation to a potential client.

Is there anything I could do thank you

I gave you a couple of suggestions, try them and see what happens.

In the future NEVER allow anyone to degrade, bully, or abuse you.

No job on this planet is worth keeping if you are forced to sell your dignity, reputation, self respect, and character.

You have a child, and you want to make sure you teach that to your child.

Back