Homicide, Murder, Manslaughter Please boss can I get some Dat fried chicken, I so hangry.

army judge

Super Moderator
Jurisdiction
Florida
FORT LAUDERDALE — A man who walked into a Fort Lauderdale restaurant and asked a customer for some food was beaten and stabbed in the head instead, and now the customer is facing a charge of attempted murder, police said.

The stabbing victim — whose name was redacted from the arrest report — approached customer Branden Dion Pearson inside a Kentucky Fried Chicken at 401 W. Broward Blvd. at about noon on Wednesday and asked for some food. Pearson, 27, refused and began insulting the man, according to the arrest report.

The two men continued insulting and cursing at each other inside the restaurant. When they started throwing punches an employee got between them in a doorway. Pearson was inside and the victim was outside the restaurant, the report stated.

The victim grabbed a handful of small rocks from the parking lot and threw them at Pearson who pushed past the employee and knocked the victim to the ground. The victim tried kicking Pearson but Pearson got on top of him, pulled out a knife, and stabbed the victim in the head, investigators said.

Pearson went back in the restaurant, sat down, and waited for police. The victim was taken to the hospital, police said.

During questioning, detectives said Pearson admitted to stabbing the man because the victim threw rocks at him.

Pearson is being held in the Broward County Jail on a $50,000 bond, records show.

EVWK4XOFG5GXNCWR732JSMOD2Y.JPG

Branden Dion Pearson, 27, of Fort Lauderdale, is facing an attempted murder charge following an argument at a restaurant that escalated into a fight and stabbing of a man asking for food, police said. (Broward Sheriff's Office)

Man begging for food at KFC stabbed by customer, police say

Depending on the details of the fight, I wouldn't rule out a good self defense case. Rocks can also be deadly when used as projectiles.
The guy chose to close on his opponent. Once he did that, he became the aggressor, particularly since they were separated.

EDIT: IMO, of course.

The guy chose to close on his opponent. Once he did that, he became the aggressor, particularly since they were separated.

EDIT: IMO, of course.

The article is a 3rd hand account as relayed by a reporter and as such may not give a proper view of what occurred. In particular, it isn't providing a look at the evidence that each side will present if the matter goes to trial. So I reserve judgment until such time as all the facts are actually known.

The article is a 3rd hand account as relayed by a reporter and as such may not give a proper view of what occurred. In particular, it isn't providing a look at the evidence that each side will present if the matter goes to trial. So I reserve judgment until such time as all the facts are actually known.
Fair enough - I was simply commenting based on what we were told ;)

Back