Please be polite!

Status
Not open for further replies.

army judge

Super Moderator
First of all, welcome to The Law Forum.

This is a place where you can feel free to ask any number of legal questions.

There are volunteers and interested people that can offer you suggestions, not legal opinions.

Some of our volunteers are lawyers, but all are experts in the area on which they opine.

You can feel free to ask your question(s) under the cloak of complete anonymity.

This site is a service and brainchild of a gentleman that uses the moniker, "thelawprofessor".

Check him out right here on this site, his "bio" is very impressive.

Now, back to my original purpose for posting this note.

As I've said, you are invited to ask any legal question (heck, any question for that matter, we're game) that puzzles, intrigues, or troubles you.

You may or may not agree with the answer.

Hey, the advice we provide is free, but for the most part; it is accurate.

All we ask in return is that you be polite.

That's it, folks, just be nice, be polite, be courteous, and behave yourself.

That isn't too much to ask, is it?

So, I'll sum it up for you.

You are invited to post one question, ten questions, even a million questions.

Someone will step up and offer you their informed opinion, in fact, many times several of us will chime in with an opinion.

We don't always agree, mind you, so you need to vet our opinions.

As usual, you are encouraged to consult an attorney (or attorneys) in your jurisdiction, if the issue involves significant sums of money, your freedom, or any other significant legal matter.

Our opinions are no substitute (nor do we mean them to be) for legal advice received from an attorney you retain.

In fact, we encourage you to do due diligence after receiving your response(s).

Finally, whew, please do NOT attack the person(s) that respond to your query(ies).

For my part, when I see that behavior, I will ban you permanently from this site.

So, welcome aboard, in fact; after posting your question(s); we'd like for you stick around.

You don't have to "ask and go", this is a very friendly place.

I was bored one day (recovering from a surgery) and started reading the threads.

I liked the people and forum so much, I've been aboard "thelawprofessor's" SS Law Forum for my third year in November.

But, please remember to "play nice".

The passage below is from Dr. Fulghum's book. It will help you remember my entreaty to "play nice".

In fact, "ALL I REALLY NEED TO KNOW I LEARNED IN KINDERGARTEN", written by Robert Fulghum.

All I really need to know about how to live and what to do and how to be I learned in kindergarten. Wisdom was not at the top of the graduate school mountain, but there in the sand pile at school.
These are the things I learned:

Share everything.
Play fair.
Don't hit people.
Put things back where you found them.
Clean up your own mess.
Don't take things that aren't yours.
Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody.
Wash your hands before you eat.
Flush.
Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.
Live a balanced life - learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some.
Take a nap every afternoon.
When you go out in the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands and stick together.
Be aware of wonder. Remember the little seed in the Styrofoam cup: the roots go down and the plant goes up and nobody really knows how or why, but we are all like that.
Goldfish and hamsters and white mice and even the little seed in the Styrofoam cup - they all die. So do we.
And then remember the Dick-and-Jane books and the first word you learned - the biggest word of all - LOOK.

Everything you need to know is in there somewhere. The Golden Rule and love and basic sanitation. Ecology and politics and equality and sane living.

Take any one of those items and extrapolate it into sophisticated adult terms and apply it to your family life or your work or government or your world and it holds true and clear and firm. Think what a better world it would be if we all - the whole world - had cookies and milk at about 3 o'clock in the afternoon and then lay down with our blankies for a nap. Or if all governments had as a basic policy to always put things back where they found them and to clean up their own mess.

And it is still true, no matter how old you are, when you go out in the world, it is best to hold hands and stick together.

http://robertfulghum.com/index.php/fulghumweb/about/

Last edited:
Ok at risk of being verbally assaulted AJ you are guilty yourself. Many of your replies are sarcastic and consendening. Where I agree with your orignal thoughts I feel you too need to be polite. I get many emails from users complainning about your posts. Ok I am getting off my soap box now

Ok at risk of being verbally assaulted AJ you are guilty yourself. Many of your replies are sarcastic and consendening. Where I agree with your orignal thoughts I feel you too need to be polite. I get many emails from users complainning about your posts. Ok I am getting off my soap box now

I hope you are beginning to heal after your recent and tragic loss.

May you receive strength and comfort from whatever source you hold dear.

God bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back