Please Always Tell Us What State You Are In

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYClex

Many postings here ask for rules, like expungement of records, statute of limitations, minimum and maximum sentences etc etc.

It is impossible to answer those questions if we do not know which state you are talking about. Yet, most posters here do not offer this information.

Therefore, always tell us which state is involved (or in the rare case, if it is a federal law problem).

Thanks to NYClex, we have a new field included in every new post which will prompt users for their state and/or country information. Thank you NYClex and please keep your suggestions and great responses coming!

NYClex said:
Many postings here ask for rules, like expungement of records, statute of limitations, minimum and maximum sentences etc etc.

It is impossible to answer those questions if we do not know which state you are talking about. Yet, most posters here do not offer this information.

Therefore, always tell us which state is involved (or in the rare case, if it is a federal law problem).

Va real estate contract law

I signed a contract on a home on 3/17 in Richmond, Va. The realtor told me there were 3 other offers on the house. On 3/18, the offer was accepted and signed by the builder. The same day, within 24 hours of signing this contract, i researched the neighborhood and school (I am new to VA), and the school was a very very bad school and the neighborhood wasnt much better. I decided that I did not want to move there and felt that the realtor had made me feel as though I needed to make a hasty decision b/c there were other offers. I had written a $2k check for Earnest money, but it has not been cashed. The builder says that he will not release me from the contract unless he keeps the $2k. Do you think the builder would acually pursue a lawsuit against me if I don;t give him the $2k? I had changed my mind within 24 hours..... Do I have nay protection?

managing conservatorship

Hello my name is Karen,

I have a little problem that I need to see if any one can help me with. My husband and I have had a child for five years we have orders of tempoary managing conservator we have been contacted by the court that we need to make these orders final. Our daughter is 16 now and we want to finalize them but wee also want to wait becouse she will be 17 in December and we fill that we have that these papers aslong as we have that why do we have to spend more money to get hem finalized. She does have contact with her real mother at this time but as also stated to her mother that she does not want to leave us.

Karen

thinking about getting emancipated

My friend had me thinking about getting emancipated . I really want to do it now but i dont know how I'm in the state of Florida and I'm going to be 16 on sep. 8th.The reason why I've been thinking of doing this is that my parents give me no privacy and no freedom even though i do stuff around the house to help them out . They always depend on me to do all the cleaning and never ask my sister whos 18 to do anything . My mother and father argue everyday about money and gas . Sometimes our water gets cut off or our electricity and it really hurts me b/c as a teenager i dont get to go out and i have problems in my house and i have to much stress and i dont want that i'm supposed to enjoy my life as a teenager before i go out to the real world and thats pretty soon and I still haven't had fun . All i want is to be a teenager for the next 2 years. Thats why i think i should ask to get emancipated . I want to know what you guys think , if i'm doing the right thing or not , and what i should do to get started on getting emancipated. thanks

ohio is the state

I am in the state of ohio.

NYClex said:

My grandmothers landlord just posted a note on her house in Claremont, Illinois stating she has 10 days to get every thing out of her house. She sis not pay last months rent but that was because nothing in her house works: the toilet, the air conditoner, and many other things included do not work, but he won't fix them. There is also bugs and black fungus in the house( black fungus is deadly). She is moving into a new house on August 25, but till then she doesn't know what to do. He also said that he was suing her for putting holes in the ceiling and for alot of stuff that doesn't work that didn't work since she has had the house. The holes in the ceiling were from one of his 3 or 4 satellite dishes. My grandmother only took one of the dishes out to install one that works, and he let her do it. He even installed in for her. She didn't make any new holes she only used the ones that were already there, but she doesn't have the money for an attorney right now.

Question

What is the statute of limitations for drug charges in the state of South Carolina? A speeding ticket that leads to a search of the car reveals 3 ounces of grass and a weapon in 2000. The arresting officer does not show at court and the defense lawyer states that the defendants can go...five years later, bounty hunters apprehend one of the suspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back