Planters Fancy Nut Mix

Status
Not open for further replies.

cldbwin

Last Nov. I purchased a can of Planter's mixed nuts (shelled). Unfortunately, I bit into a nut and found, much to my surprise, a hard shell and suffered a fractured tooth. I contacted Planter's, a division of Kraft Foods. They were quite sympathetic and sent a representative to my home to pick up the shell (which I saved) for identification. They sent me a letter saying it was indeed their product, apologized & enclosed 2 $5.00 coupons for more nuts. I was outraged and spoke with another representative requesting some sort of restitution, seeking dental payment and a settlement for my pain & suffering. I was told they would pay for the dental work, which now involved an absess, root canal & a crown (as defined by a dentist). I called the customer service department once again to explain that the dental work would require loss of pay as I have a new job and no sick day benefits. I also explained that I have a removable appliance that anchors onto the broken tooth which would most likely require replacement. I asked for a settlement. They said they don't pay for lost wages or pain & suffering then offered me an extra $$ amount, but not what I was seeking. I would be required to sign off on further claims. An attorney advised that a fractured tooth should have a value of approx. $10,000.00. I requested a $5000.00 settlement, they offered $500.00 above dental cost.

Should I seek legal assistance at this time? Kraft has admitted their negligence and I am still suffering with a ragged, sharp edged & painful tooth.

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back