Piercing In School

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuriousGirl93

Ok So I Went To School This Morning With My New Lip Piercing (Nobody Saw It Yesterday) And As Soon As I Walked In The Door My Principal Cornered Me And Told Me To Take It Out. I Of Course Refused And Told Him That My Mother Told Me Not To Take It Out As I Have Special Reasons For Getting It Done. He Then Refuted That It Was "Irrelevant" And Told Me (In Front Of Most Of My Year) To Take It Out Or I Wasn't Allowed Into The School And He Would Call My Mother And Get Her To Take Me Home. He Then Added While Walking Away That I Could Stand In The Hall And "Think About It" (Basically Take Out The Ring) At Which Point I Called My Mother To Take Me Home. I Was Just Wondering If They Were Legally Obligated To Expel Me Or If I Can Fight My Case? (I Live In Ireland) I Need Help Urgently Please.

Last edited:
I don't know the details of the law in Ireland although I always wondered the necessity and wisdom of unusual piercings, especially by younger people. It certainly isn't easy for some people to view given the "pain" factor and perhaps it could affect others in a negative fashion. In my mind, I wonder how much of a "gain" it is to be an individual given the "loss" there is of an understandable, non-discriminatory negative effect on others. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just wondering how much it's worth the fight. I'll let others who may have a comment on this handle this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back