Other Criminal Charges & Offenses Picture in public street

Swoosh

Jurisdiction
Michigan
Can you hold a small camera in your hand and video what's in front of you on a public street or sidewalk waste high.
You may get butts in a shot of people underage of 18. No upskirt you are just shooting what's in front of you. Ethically wrong , what's the legal stance.

Depends on what you want to do with the pictures.

Don't you think it's rather stupid to do something you already know is "ethically wrong." Makes you a low life in my book.

Do nothing with the pictures or film, can you get arrested for doing this on the street. Just asking legal question.

Yes it's stupid

Can you hold a small camera in your hand and video what's in front of you on a public street or sidewalk waste high.

Yes, anyone with the ability to hold a small camera in his/her hand desiring to capture still or motion footage of what he or she can see on a public street or sidewalk at about two to three feet above ground level certainly can do as you inquired.

You may get butts in a shot of people underage of 18.

I am sure someone might obtain exactly what you described.

No upskirt you are just shooting what's in front of you. Ethically wrong , what's the legal stance.

What do YOU think the law would say about avoiding supposedly "private parts" and/or "private underclothing"?

If the videographer were careful to do ONLY as you suggest, I doubt that the law would care.

I would guess that some people might feel uncomfortable, and some people would become agitated, annoyed, and angered and begin attacking the videographer.

Yes, I have that ability. Why do you ask?

You may get butts in a shot of people underage of 18. No upskirt you are just shooting what's in front of you. . . . what's the legal stance.

If one is in a location that one has a legal right to be or is not legally prohibited from being, then it is legal for one to take photos and videos of whatever can be observed from that location. Why do you ask?

Back