Picking an Attorney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isenhiemer

I come up with new inventions all of the time, but don't really have the money to invest in them. However, I recently came up with one that I am so sure of that I am willing to tighten my belt in order to get it going.

The only problem I am having now is finding a good Patent lawyer. I live near Austin, Texas which is overflowing with them (in the hundreds), but other than just going through the phone book and starting in the A's, I have no idea how to choose one.

I have asked nearly everyone I can think of if they know anyone who either works in law or in patenting or has any experience with inventing, but I have had no success.

Does anyone have any helpful suggestions?

Last edited:
I come up with new inventions all of the time, but don't really have the money to invest in them. However, I recently came up with one that I am so sure of that I am willing to tighten my belt in order to get it going.

The only problem I am having now is finding a good Patent lawyer. I live near Austin, Texas which is overflowing with them (in the hundreds), but other than just going through the phone book and starting in the A's, I have no idea how to choose one.

I have asked nearly everyone I can think of if they know anyone who either works in law or in patenting or has any experience with inventing, but I have had no success.

Does anyone have any helpful suggestions?
You are correct - it is difficult to find the right attorney. There are issues in hiring the right one, including price and specialty. If you do get any suggestion, it is always helpful to speak to a few attorneys to find out cost, specialty in your specific areas and comparison shop. Patents can be pricey.

If you contact us or send a note to support, we'd be glad to help you find the right kind of patent attorney in your area.

http://www.thelaw.com/support/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back