Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication PI - TX - Options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frapp

Howdy -

A few nights ago, I ventured over to a buddies house. He evidently had some extremely potent marijuana (I rarely smoke) and I agreed to take a few hits with him. Well after we were finished, I wasnt feeling so well.. I decided to take a walk. Well to make a long story short, I was arrested and taken to the "tank" until the morning. I was really gone, so I'm not exactly sure what information I gave up the police. (I do remember passing a breathalizer though) The next morning, I plead guilty to the PI, which is a Class C - Misdemeanor, and went on my way. My question is - should I have done something differently? What would be reccomended for me to do?

Oh and my last question is what are the future implications of a Class C misdemeanor? (expungement, etc)

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you are asking. If you are asking about getting out of the charge, it's hard to make a claim that you weren't in control of all your faculties because you pled guilty many hours later. I'm guessing that you did so for a more lenient sentence in a class C misdemeanor.

Expungement usually deals with probationary periods set forth in a no contest as is the case here. Whether or not you can apply for expungement is per the laws of your state. You usually have to wait a period of time. If you have a record it may prevent you from the ability to expunge the record if you would have had that opportunity here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back