Photocopy naturalization certificate

Varma

Jurisdiction
Texas
Hi,

I have naturalization certificate in 2020 and in the certificate it didnot mention about print or photocopy punishable offence. My name is not correct in utility bill, so can i send a scan copy of my naturalization certificate to correct my name ?

Currenly i have correct my name in all other places using naturalization certificate.

Please avice...

The "do not copy" stuff is to discourage people from making copies for unlawful purposes. If you're concerned about having to have copies to show people you should get true copies:
How Do I Obtain Certified True Copies of a Certificate of Naturalization?

Any time you have a name change, either by court order or marriage or whatever, it behooves you to get a bunch of true copies. I got a half dozen of our marriage certificate 23 years ago and I had to dig one out of my files for my wife just last year so she could apply for one of her pensions.

Thank so much your response..

One last final question is...

Can they complian to GOV department on me using this scan copy attachment.

There's nothing for anybody to complain about. There is no prohibition against making copies of your naturalization certificate for lawful purposes.

For example:
It is lawful for you to make a copy to show the utility company that you are who you say you are, or to correct a spelling error in your name.
It is unlawful to make a copy to give to your cousin so that he can apply for utility services at his new apartment.

There's nothing for anybody to complain about. There is no prohibition against making copies of your naturalization certificate for lawful purposes.

For example:
It is lawful for you to make a copy to show the utility company that you are who you say you are, or to correct a spelling error in your name.
It is unlawful to make a copy to give to your cousin so that he can apply for utility services at his new apartment.

Thank you so much...with examples....

Back