Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Phone Harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paintanker

Hi, my friend and I live in Wisconsin, USA and her exboyfrined has been calling her/texting/emailing her about 4 times per day for the past 8 months, since they broke up. He lives in Chicago, so interacting with her over the phone is the closest he can get. She tells me she has made it very clear that she finds his actions very excessive and is quite bothered by them. She has tried blocking his number/e-mail and he uses other people's. She has tried nicely telling him to go away, and she has been meaner than she has ever been to anyone else to him while telling him to go away, but he just won't listen.

How can she make him stop? Can she get a restraining order on him, and if she does, will it make it illegal for him to bother her this much, even though it is over the phone/net and not in real life?

If she does file to get one, will it cost her money? How much? Will she need a layer? Will she have to go to court? Is there anything else I should tell her?

Neither of us is any good at law, as I am sure you all are, so a very indepth walkthrough of what you suggest would be the greatest help I could ask for :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back