PFA extension?

thunder44

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
My mother was granted a PFA on Thursday of last week. This upcoming week there will be a court date for the PFA and determining if it needs to be continued. What would constitute the PFA needing to be continued? My father, the person the PFA was filed against, raped my mother, molested me and verbally abused us for many years. This week, while the PFA Has been enacted he tried to get onto our property twice. We are 95% sure as there were footprints that looked just like his. We called the cops both times but they couldn't find evidence. I'm worried the PFA extension won't be granted. I'm really afraid of my father- what can I do?

My mother was granted a PFA on Thursday of last week. This upcoming week there will be a court date for the PFA and determining if it needs to be continued. What would constitute the PFA needing to be continued? My father, the person the PFA was filed against, raped my mother, molested me and verbally abused us for many years. This week, while the PFA Has been enacted he tried to get onto our property twice. We are 95% sure as there were footprints that looked just like his. We called the cops both times but they couldn't find evidence. I'm worried the PFA extension won't be granted. I'm really afraid of my father- what can I do?

An order of protection is merely a court order on paper.
It can only protect you if the subject of the order obeys it.
If the subject is a person devoid of a moral compass, or bent of revenge, he or she will eventually violate the order.
The best way to protect yourselves is leave your home immediately.
Don't worry about your stuff, take a suitcase each and leave.
Go to another state and stay with relatives you trust.
Figure the rest out after you're safely ensconced in a secure, undisclosed location.
Before you take that step, mother should ask the prosecutor to relocate her under the witness protection program.
However, such requests often go unanswered.

If your mother has not retained an attorney, it would be in her best interest to do so. While no one can guarantee what a judge will decide, generally speaking, if the conditions which gave rise to the PFA are still present, it will be extended. I don't know how old you are, but yours and your mother's testimony of his past behavior and your fear are important.

Back