Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Petty theft citation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathyp100

My 19 year old son lives alone in his own apartment in Arvada, Colorado. Two week-ends ago he was out of town for the week-end. When he got home, there was a note on his desk with a business card from an Arvada police officer saying that one of his neighbors had called police because my son's apartment door was standing wide open. The note went on to say that the officer checked the apartment and saw no evidence of burglary or anything out of place, but he noticed illegal fireworks in the living room (a package of Roman candles) as well as city property, both of which he took with him, and asked my son to call him to discuss it. The city property was some street signs that my son said were laying in the street and he thought it would be cool to have them in his apartment (dumb move, I know). My son did not call the officer as requested in the note.

This morning the police officer returned to my son's apartment and gave him a ticket for petty theft for the street signs. He told him he'd "let him off the hook" for the fireworks.

My son has no previous record of any kind and I really hate for something as stupid as this to put a stain on his record. I would very much appreciate any comments, suggestions, advice, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Kathy P.
Worried Mom in Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back