Vehicle Repossession personal property levy

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwenfuhs

Is this legal? On Tuesday June 23, 2009, a 2005 Nissan Sentra of which I have an auto loan with Capitol One Auto Finance, was seized by the sheriffs office for an old credit card debt of $1115.00. I notified them that I am not the title holder, but notified Capitol One of the action. Today, Saturday June 27, 2009 I got a certified letter from the sheriffs office of intent to sell on July 7, 2009. I again spoke with Capitol One, the title holder, of the intent. there has been no communication between Capitol One and the parties whom levied and seized the vehicle.
There was a judgement of execution from NB district court from 2005 to seize personnal property for the judgemwent total of $1115.00. However, I do not own the vehicle, and I was told by the persons whom recieved the levy that its in my name, thats it. It is in my name, but I dont own it. Not to mention, that is the only transportation I have, and I just found out yesterday I have been selected for a job in Carver, which is 26 miles away, with no alternate transportation.
I have been searching for a job for over a year, and finally found one, but cant get there. I have contacted free legal services, but they do not handle any collections, or their aftermath.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back