Person selling unlicensed items

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutlass

I run a web forum, and recently a member has tried to sell stickers containing our logo. I reminded him that no sales of items containing our logo are permitted with-out admin approval. He the then asked for approval in a very insulting, unprofessional manner, and I of course turned it down. He is now threatening to go ahead and sell them without our permission and said that we can file a "copyright infringement dispute in Can-ada." We are in the US, he lives in Canada. I'm not sure what the process would be to stop this, so if anyone can shed some light on it, that'd be wonderful.

Cutlass said:
I run a web forum, and recently a member has tried to sell stickers containing our logo. I reminded him that no sales of items containing our logo are permitted with-out admin approval. He the then asked for approval in a very insulting, unprofessional manner, and I of course turned it down. He is now threatening to go ahead and sell them without our permission and said that we can file a "copyright infringement dispute in Can-ada." We are in the US, he lives in Canada. I'm not sure what the process would be to stop this, so if anyone can shed some light on it, that'd be wonderful.
This is an old post but I'll answer it. Prosecution is tough. You can always file a small claim in CA. You might be able to get an injunction. You can see the challenge. It's easier when you deal with online providers who are hosting clients who own/sell the copyrighted materials of others because they have the ability to take down the client's site immediately, which should have violated the host's terms of service. Hope it all turned out well for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back