Percent ownership in Grantor section of deed?

isoadvice

Jurisdiction
California
Hello. If I own 50% interest in a property (as tenants in common) and I want to transfer my interest into my revocable trust using a Trust Transfer Deed, would I include my % interest in the Grantor section of the deed (i.e. "Jane Doe, a single woman, as to her undivided 50% interest, hereby Grants to...")? Or, if not, is there some other way I would make it clear on the deed that I'm only transferring an interest in the property?
Thank you for your help!

Hello. If I own 50% interest in a property (as tenants in common) and I want to transfer my interest into my revocable trust using a Trust Transfer Deed, would I include my % interest in the Grantor section of the deed (i.e. "Jane Doe, a single woman, as to her undivided 50% interest, hereby Grants to...")? Or, if not, is there some other way I would make it clear on the deed that I'm only transferring an interest in the property?
Thank you for your help!

You can only transfer the portion of the property you own. So you could simply state in the deed that you are transferring all the interest you have in Property X to your trust.

would I include my % interest in the Grantor section of the deed (i.e. "Jane Doe, a single woman, as to her undivided 50% interest, hereby Grants to...")?

Your use of the word "would" renders this question a bit confusing. There is no need to specify your percentage of ownership on the deed.

is there some other way I would make it clear on the deed that I'm only transferring an interest in the property?

I am confident there are many ways you could do that, but what difference does it make?

I STRONGLY encourage you to consult with a local attorney to ensure you don't mess this up.

Back