Corporate Law PEO question

Status
Not open for further replies.

WS6TA

If your "Employer" decides to enter into an agreement with an "Employee Leasing Company" do you have to join? What can be done to counter this action? I mean they can't obviously force you to join but what are the consquences for not participating? Will you be terminated? If so how can this be legal? You entered into an agreement with the company that hired you to provide services in return they compensate your services with pay... Is this not a breach (Employer) of their duty bound agreement with the employee to force an employee to sign on with this PEO?

Tell us what you are talking about.

"Professional Employer Organization" serves as an HR department.

Your company enters into an agreement with the PEO to establish a three-way relationship between you, your employees and the PEO. The Company and the PEO become co-employers, instead of the traditional employer company/employee relationship.

"Professional Employer Organization" serves as an HR department.

Your company enters into an agreement with the PEO to establish a three-way relationship between you, your employees and the PEO. The Company and the PEO become co-employers, instead of the traditional employer company/employee relationship.

I am unclear what you do not like about your job.

Enlighten me.

I am unclear what you do not like about your job.

Enlighten me.

The question is not about liking the job, its rather can my employer sell me off to a PEO?
What if I don't want to join this PEO? Does this mean I'm terminated? If so then what course do I have to protect myself because through no fault of my own I lost my employement...

If refuse to sign on with this PEO "They say they don't know how I'll get payed" Which to me sounds like a threat tactic.

Besides I see this PEO as very threating to my employement status...
It overly complicates the employer/employee realtionship I had before since The PEO will be my employer and not the Company I hired on with...

Last edited:
The question is not about liking the job, its rather can my employer sell me off to an PEO?
What if I don't want to join this PEO?

Tell us in clear detail and simple facts what you are talking about and what you are objecting to.

Start from the beginning.

:confused:

Tell us in clear detail and simple facts what you are talking about and what you are objecting to.

Start from the beginning.

:confused:

The Company in which I have long been employed has just handed down an edict that we must all join this PEO... I don't want to end my emplyment with my employer but I also don't want to join this PEO.

The Company in which I have long been employed has just handed down an edict that we must all join this PEO... I don't want to end my emplyment with my employer but I also don't want to join this PEO.

Okay. Good luck.

I see that I am the only one on this forum brave enough to tell you that I have no idea what you are talking about.

Oh, well....

Peo

I think the judge is goofing on you.

Anyways- I am no lawyer, but does your employer (Like most) have one of those "Open door" policies? Example: They can terminate you for no valid reason and you can quit for no valid reason. If so, I think that this PEO situation falls into that policy..They can change the terms of your employment and there isn't much you can do about it...

Let me ask this- Why are you so opposed to this change? Most would feel lucky that they are able to keep their job.

I think the judge is goofing on you.

Anyways- I am no lawyer, but does your employer (Like most) have one of those "Open door" policies? Example: They can terminate you for no valid reason and you can quit for no valid reason. If so, I think that this PEO situation falls into that policy..They can change the terms of your employment and there isn't much you can do about it...

Let me ask this- Why are you so opposed to this change? Most would feel lucky that they are able to keep their job.

Anyways?

Is that a real word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back