payment collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

patquinn441

I was hired to paint the interior of a home. I have two workers who help me. Upon completion of job, the owners refuse to pay me the balance due because they stated that a camera was missing, and one of my workers took it. I have questioned both of them and believe them that they did not see the camera in question. I suggested that they file a police report, and my workers agreed to be questioned by anyone regarding the missing camera. It has been suggested that I take them to small claims court. This I can do, but first I have a question for advice. I am not a licensed contractor. I did not represent myself as a licensed contractor. An agreement we had, stated that we would be paid what was owed at completion of job. If I take this to small claims court, will the judge just throw my case out because I am not a licensed contractor? Could I recieve a fine from the state for doing work without a license? In closing, I would like to add that the owner of this property stated that they intended to turn in the camera loss to their insurance company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back