paying for dubious services

Status
Not open for further replies.

dunno

Thank you for your attention to my inquiry:

I wanted to know what recourse i have to withhold payments due to poor or dubious services received as well as the resulting collection agency from disturbing my credit. Some months ago, I took my very sick cat to this vetinarian. i had not realized just how sick she was until i took her out of her retainer~she had lost her bodily function control. The vet probed her, couldn't see the cause and said that he needed to do diagnostic testing on her. At the time i was so shocked, I just agreed to it. Three hours later while i was gone, she died. Now in retrospect, I cannot imagine what any diagnostic testing would have done as it was obvious she was beyond the point of return. The vet should have known this yet he adviced the diagnostics. So now i am expected to pay for these diagnostic services that did nothing to save my cat's life but probably made her condition worse. The amount is not enough to go to court and I am willing to pay some amount for his services but not for the diagnostics. It bothers me as he may have put her through some unnecessary suffering just for a profit ~ this is so wrong. Perhaps if i don't give in to the payments it might curtail this practice of his and prevent other pet owners from the pain and cost. Questions:
1. If i send a payment and state that the amount is all i will pay and they accept it, could they continue to demand the total amount, or would their acceptance of my payment be considered as an agreement to a "revision of a contract" or my request.
2. If it goes to the collection agency, how will this effect my credit? Or is there any way to prevent it going to the agency besides the obvious of paying it?

Again thank you for your time with my concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back