Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Patronizing Prohibited charge - 18 yr old

Status
Not open for further replies.

marragtop

My 18 year old daughter attends college in York PA. When not at school, she is a Maryland resident with a MD drivers license. On Friday night she attended a fraternity party that charged $3 per person to get in. Beer was being served at the party. The police raided the party and issued everyone a 'Non-Traffic Citation Summons'. The charge on the ticket (under 'other') says 'patronizing prohibited'. The city ordinance code is listed as section 715.03. The officer told her that she needs to go to the courthouse and a judge will determine what her fine is. The officer also told her that this would not go on her record and that the only penalty would be the fine that is imposed. My daughter also admitted to the officer that she did drink a beer.

On the back of the ticket in the Rights and Obligations area, there is a statement that says: 'Please note that a guilty plea to offenses relating to underage drinking, 18 Pa C.S. 6307, 6308, 6310.3 will result in the suspension of your driver's license.

Here are my questions… As I understand it, she was charged with patronizing a house or establishment where intoxicating liquor is sold without a license. Although she admitted to having a beer, she wasn't charged with minor in possession. Does this sound correct? Also, is there anyway this charge could affect her driving privileges?

Any and all responses are greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back