Paternity Testing an Inmate

Veekat219

Jurisdiction
California
Hi...im 8 months pregnant n almost due...but the man i got pregnant from just went to jail a few days ago to serve his sentence of 2years...now i was wondering if i can get a paternity test done while im still pregnant now...since hes still in the los angeles county...before he gets sent off to prison...or do i have to wait until the baby is born to do so...if so,how would i go about on getting it done with out having to pay or pay much out of pocket since i dnt work n wont get child support???

In any future posts, please make an effort to use something that resembles proper capitalization and punctuation. Doing so will make it easier for others to read and understand what you write.

the man i got pregnant from just went to jail

Just to be clear, I assume your certainty regarding this man's paternity is a result of him being your only sexual partner around the time of conception. Correct?

i was wondering if i can get a paternity test done while im still pregnant now.

You can if you have samples of the alleged father's DNA and want to spend the money. It would be a lot cheaper to wait until the child is born.

how would i go about on getting it done

Read this.

with out having to pay or pay much out of pocket since i dnt work n wont get child support?

And who exactly do you think should be paying for this and why?

Back