Past 30 days for debt collector to validate debt - Lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

catapult

I am being sued by a debt collector. I didn't understand the lawyer-talk as it it ambiguous, on the letters this debt collector sent. I asked them to validate the debt because I don't think they actually bought it and they're trying to collect on a debt that's not mine and now I hear that there is nothing I can do. Even if it's 30 days past they must somehow be responsible to show that they actually bought the debt and that the debt is mine. People can't just willy-nilly sue people and say that a debt is a consumer's and rely on that 30-day limit. Most people don't know the law and don't know what to do and don't really want to pay for an expensive lawyer. They sent me these interrogatories, which is basically asking vague, ambiguous and VERY difficult to understand questions. I didn't answer, I didn't know it was sooooooo legal. Now I finally answered it and they sad my answers are not responsive. So I sent another one and they said they're not satisfied with THOSE answers! WHAT DO THEY WANT? I need to find a way to STOP these shady debt collectors and put the burden of proof on THEM and how they arrived at that outrageous amount that I do nod owe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back