Passover -2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

army judge

Super Moderator
On this, the eve of Passover, a Jewish holiday (known as Pesach in Hebrew), which commemorates the Israelites' escape from Egyptian bondage, abuse, and slavery; it is observed with the Seder meal that consist of unleavened bread and many cups of Kosher wine.

I wish all our Jewish friends a most pleasant and peaceful Passover, 2014.

After the religious observance is over, enjoy your traditional Seder meal.

To my best friend ever, 1LT Joe Jacobs (killed while serving honorably in the US Army in Vietnam), and the person that introduced this Christian "heathen" (its a little joke Joe and I shared) to Jewish tradition, culture, and food; thank you my forever friend.

Joe taught me many things, especially about his Jewish traditions and his faith. I was welcomed into his family like a brother. Three years later, after Joe had been killed in Vietnam, his father called me and told me of Joe's passing. That was one of many sad days I had yet to experience. But, I could see how those who survived the horrors of the holocaust did so with their faith.

Joe shared with me what Passover meant to him. He said Passover is an opportunity to reflect on the things that plague our lives, our families, and our communities. Joe sought to seek justice for oppressed peoples everywhere. Joe even believed that Passover was the best time to bring together people of all faiths, family, and friends under the common banner of freedom. Who can be against that simple, yet powerful goal?

Lovely post, AJ. Thank you. Sorry for the loss of your friend, even so long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back