Corporate Law partnership

Status
Not open for further replies.

stockton

I signed a LLC with my partner, who is a lawyer, we didn't have a Buy-sell agreement
I feel he misrepresented me in this agreement, I want to terminate our partnership,
I had a lawyer who came up with a payment plan for him to buy me out, and now says
he has no money, the business isn't making enough money to pay the store's expenses.
The lawyer sent him a letter that stated that I'am not contributing any more money to the
store, am I legally responsible for the bills? My lawyer said I'm only responsible for the things my name is on that is the 5-year lease and the lottery. I had a real estate woman draw up a contract to sell the store, since we can't afford it, but he hasn't faxed it back to me. What do I do now? What is the quickest way out of this, a summary judgement or
a show and clause? Plus he didn't give me any copies of any contracts that I signed.

I signed a LLC with my partner, who is a lawyer, we didn't have a Buy-sell agreement
I feel he misrepresented me in this agreement, I want to terminate our partnership,
I had a lawyer who came up with a payment plan for him to buy me out, and now says
he has no money, the business isn't making enough money to pay the store's expenses.
The lawyer sent him a letter that stated that I'am not contributing any more money to the
store, am I legally responsible for the bills? My lawyer said I'm only responsible for the things my name is on that is the 5-year lease and the lottery. I had a real estate woman draw up a contract to sell the store, since we can't afford it, but he hasn't faxed it back to me. What do I do now? What is the quickest way out of this, a summary judgement or
a show and clause? Plus he didn't give me any copies of any contracts that I signed.
Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back