Corporate Law Partnership disruption in an Internet business

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcobar

I'm in a parnership since 10/2007 we where selling tickets on-line. But we have problems with my partner and he decided to not continue with the partnership. But, he continue selling tickets on a website created by his wife using simmilar domain name but with the same idea. At this time I cannot do anything with the website involved on the partnership since the contract still vigent. But he is doing business with my idea on his side. I want to know if I can do anything to claim ownership of the website and also sue him because he is using my idea on his benefit even when we still having the partnership contract.

I'm located in California, my partner is besides a Corporation. I have a Spanish redacted contract but have his signature and the embossed corporate seal on it.

It is impossible to answer this question without seeing the contract. I'd probably look at causes of action for trademark infringement (even if just common law) for willful conduct and bad faith, unfair competition and dilution. You may be able to get their site shut down for attempting to use a name similar to your own. You might do well by also sending a takedown notice to their web host, who may not want to get involved and shut them down. This is an issue you'll probably need to have an attorney look over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back