Corporate Law Partner embezzleing money

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrevans2u

I have a partner that has embezzled money from the company and has admitted to doing so. I want to end the partnership by buying him out. According to the partnership agreement we signed it states that I would owe him half of the equity of the company + 2%. Right now we have 0 equity in the company. Now if I read this right I owe him nothing to buy him out, is that correct? Since I figure he won't go for this, if I threaten embezzlement charges on him if he doesn't sign the buy out how could this possibly backfire on me?

Thank you in advance

Equity may include any and all value of assetts so consult a lawyer regarding this matter. Assetts include any tangible items owned by your company.

This is a .com business. We don't own anything, the company hasn't bought anything except for a website which is still being paid on, but that is it.

You don't any computers, desks, chairs, nothing at all?

It may cost you money but I wouldn't do a buy out unless I had an attorney write up the papers (CYA). Since I can't see the actual contract there may be language that could come back to bite you so consult an attorney to be free and clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back