Partial Children custody

Joe77

Jurisdiction
California
What are my chances to get partial custody of my 3 daughters ages 15, 10 and 8 if a get divorced, having a misdemeanor that requires me to register as a sex offender for 10 years, the misdemeanor charge is "contacting a minor to meet" which I plan to expunge as soon as my unsupervised probation ends next month. Other than this my record is clean

I do agree with adjusterjack, but I need to point out that none of use are clairvoyant. There is no way we can do anything but take guesses at your "chances" of prevailing.

Last edited:
What are my chances to get partial custody of my 3 daughters ages 15, 10 and 8 if a get divorced, having a misdemeanor that requires me to register as a sex offender for 10 years, the misdemeanor charge is "contacting a minor to meet" which I plan to expunge as soon as my unsupervised probation ends next month. Other than this my record is clean

No one on here can predict the outcome of a case that hasn't happened and not being involved in it.

I would say that you having to register as a sex offender isn't going to help your case with custody. You're probably looking at supervised visits until it is expunged. But it's probably going to hang over you.

Impossible to predict in the abstract and based only on a single fact.

Also, there are two different kinds of custody: legal and physical. Legal custody refers to the authority to make decisions regarding the medical care, religion and education. Physical custody refers to where the child lives. Legal custody is almost always jointly awarded, and the sort of conviction mentioned wouldn't typically be relevant. Physical custody depends on innumerable factors.

Back