Part 8 Questions #17, #25 and #27 on I-485

Totti

Jurisdiction
West Virginia
Part 8 Questions #17, #25 and #27 on I-485

On 2012, I got traffic ticket section 345.01 stub section (a) article 345 "DEFFECTIVE PASSENGER SIDE TAIL LIGHT" against peace and dignity of the city of wheeling, West Virginia, violation of section 351.10 of article 351 "Driving under suspension or revocation" and violation of section 351.06 of article 351 "Operator or chauffeur license required".

I went to the court and the judge A pled No contact for both - the first violation, the judge let me pay fine of $75 + $12. The second violation, he let me pay fine of $100 + $62. The third violation the judge dismissed it.

What should I answer to the following questions on part 8 of I-485:

1) 25. Have you EVER been arrested, cited, charged, or detained for any reason by any law enforcement official (including but not limited to any U.S. immigration official or any official of the U.S armed forces or U.S Coast Guard)?

2) 27.Have you EVER pled guilty to or been convicted of crime or offense (even if the violation was subsequently expunged or sealed by a court, or if you were granted a pardon, amnesty, a rehabilitation decree, or other act of clemency?

Also, I came to the US on F1 visa (Student Visa) but my I-20 ended on 2017. What should I answer in this question on part 8 of I-485:

1) 17. Have you Ever violated the terms or conditions of your nonimmigration status?

Last edited:
What should I answer to the following questions on part 8 of I-485:

1) 25. Have you EVER been arrested, cited, charged, or detained for any reason by any law enforcement official (including but not limited to any U.S. immigration official or any official of the U.S armed forces or U.S Coast Guard)?

2) 27.Have you EVER pled guilty to or been convicted of crime or offense (even if the violation was subsequently expunged or sealed by a court, or if you were granted a pardon, amnesty, a rehabilitation decree, or other act of clemency?

Also, I came to the US on F1 visa (Student Visa) but my I-20 ended on 2017. What should I answer in this question on part 8 of I-485:

1) 17. Have you Ever violated the terms or conditions of your nonimmigration status?

Do you really want those IMPORTANT (to you, I presume) questions answered by strangers who might lie to you, deceive you, or "shine you on" for "giggles & grins"?

I suggest you hire an immigration attorney to assist you, or risk following the erroneous, useless, nonsensical answers/instructions/directives of idiots, zealots, jokesters, or tricksters.

Beware of the internet and the answers you receive for FREE.

I agree, but my personal opinion is that you must answer YES to both of these questions. You were cited. You were convicted. Lying on immigration forms is a much bigger deal than traffic offenses.

Back