Parking tickets (registration payment)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DorXtar

Can I avoid having to pay the parking tickets if I move to Florida before my current registration expires?

And if that isn't possible, is it reasonable to spend money on legal help to fight the 2 parking tickets (they come out to $240). One parking ticket was improperly issued. The ticket stated that I was in a 5-minute parking zone and the response letter to my letter stated that the ticket was in fact issued for failing to yield to traffic control device (my letter would have been different if I had known this from the beginning since I saw no traffic control device).

The other parking ticket dealt with having expired registration stickers. I sent in the $10 citation fee and a copy of my current registration and sticker (I hadn't put it on my car) but the agency that cited me just sent it back in the mail for some reason. Now, with no warning, they simply add a $100 fine to my registration. I know I can fight this one, but I don't know the best course of action.

I'd also like to know if I can simply get a Planned Non-Operation for this vehicle and just buy a used one to avoid paying the parking tickets at this time.

This is in California by the way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back