parking tickets in colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

meltrue

I lived briefly in Colorado where they hand out parking tickets at a quick pace. I paid many tickets there...but two I disputed. Now, years later I am receiving letters from an attorneys office stating they will turn me over to a collection agency. What can I do about this?

1) I had just moved and had a TX registration (where we place them on the window rather than the plate). I had valid registration for my car, but got a ticket for no registration.
2) I got a ticket at a meter where I had over 45 min. left in the paid time. The ticket said "improper use of metered space". I had to parallel park between two cars...What does this mean and how can they give you a ticket for this?

Thanks for any thoughts!

Take care of the tickets. These can last forever. If you show proof that your car was validly registered it is possible you can get at least that ticket dismissed. Regarding the other one, I really don't know what the ticket means and you have to look up the Vehicle and Traffic Code pertaining to that ticket as stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back