Parking ticket on private property

Status
Not open for further replies.

hysefiba

I got home from work and found a parking ticket tucked into my wiper blade on my second vehicle.
I live in a condo and have one assigned, numbered space that I own as part of my condo property. My second car is parked there. My state VA State inspection sticker is out of date. I was waiting until July to bring it in for an inspection.
So how can I receive a parking violation for an expired inspection sticker ON PRIVATE PROPERTY? That's the same as police driving down the street in a residential neighborhood, getting out of their car and entering private property and writing a ticket for a vehicle parked in someone's driveway!
My understanding is the police are given permission to patrol the neighborhood but does that grant them permission to write tickets for cars parked in owned parking spots?
WTF?

You should be able to beat this in court, but you will have to make an appearance to argue it.
Look up the statue that you were cited under and become familiar with the language. I imagine you were cited for the out of date inspection rather than a parking violation. SO long as the vehicle was not on a public road or in a public lot you should be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back