Pardon me, I'm Here, Where is My Post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

winki

It is a lovely windy Spring day here in Silicon Valley, there is nothing of interest in this post so I thank whomever reads and replies to it as a matter of obligation.

I have posted at sites similar to this one in the past, and recognize the name CdwJava so I am not w/o experience in how this all operates, still I am unsure, please advise me.

This morning I registered for the purpose of posting a question. I received an email immediately which contained my user name and an activation number, there were also three links and an admonishment that I would have to enter my activation number to activete my account.

By virtue of whatever it is that made me want to click on the first link, I clicked on that first link and it took me to a page that congratulated me on registering successfully and asked me to sign in.

I was taken aback momentarily becuae there was no space for the activation number, so I decided to enter it into the password space, this resulted in an invalid passsword message so I entered my real password and was logged in and queried as to where I wanted to go or directed to go where ever i wanted or whatever it said. It was my impression that some snafau existed in the wording of the initial email I got and the way the site currently performed.

I went directly to the forum I wanted to post in and created a new post. When I had finished the post I clicked the submit key and was informed that since it was my initial post I would have to wait for it to be approved for publishing by a moderator.

So I created a shortcut to the page and went about my day, the post was done at about 6:45 am.

Now it is 20 to 6 in the pm and I could not find my post nor a message as to it's disposition,
I read through the faq's and decided I'd better see about the activation code thing again, At that point I clicked on a different link which was prefaced with "if the other liinks don't work" which I, I supppose in retrospect, mistakenly, thought they had.....and upon clicking on this 3rd link I was taken to a page asking for my activation # and once provided with that informed me that my account was now activated.

So my question; Is the post I did this morning in limbo somewhere?

Please advise

Thank You Very Much

Wow... that was the longest post I've seen to ask the question, "where is my post?" :D

Our new spam filter was acting up and put a bunch of posts from first timers into a holding area. That has been rectified and I'll try to answer your post shortly. :)

Thanks for stopping here at TheLaw.com!

We'll get to it shortly. Tonight the forums are going through a major revision. I think all of you will REALLY like the changes. The style is going to be a bit different but the layout will be modified as well as having a great new state/jurisdiction system that, over time, will allow people to search by state issues. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back