Parcel2Go package not delivered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Davies

Jurisdiction
Europe
Hi folks,

I have sent a parcel with parcel2go but it has not been delivered to the person. On the tracking options in the site, the parcel is written as delivered, but it has not been delivered.

Now I have read their policies regarding refunds and etc., but unfortunately, I am not educated enough to understand what exactly are my rights here.

(c) it is not possible for us to obtain cover which would give unlimited compensation for our full potential liability to all of our customers and, even if it were, such cover would be much cheaper if taken out by you (rather than us taking out such cover and passing the cost on to you) and, on that basis, it is more reasonable for you to take out such cover from an independent third party. Please note that you are also able to purchase Parcel Protection from us for your Consignment during the ordering process;

(e) in light of the above, we wish to limit our liability for any damage or loss caused to you to a level which we consider reasonable to our low charges for providing the Services;

The Extent of our Liability

6.4 We shall only be liable for damage or loss caused to you if it is caused by our negligence, breach of duty or other wrongful act or omission, and only subject to the limitations set out within this clause 6 and clause 7.

6.5 We shall not be liable to you under any circumstances for:

(a) any direct or indirect loss (including, but not limited to loss of profits, or loss of goodwill); or

(b) any other special or indirect losses, costs, damages, or claims which do not arise naturally as a result of our negligence, breach of duty, or other wrongful act or omission.

6.6 We shall not be liable to you:

(b) for any damage caused by our negligence, breach of duty, or other wrongful act or omission, which you have, or you have arranged to be, repaired, unless it is agreed by us that the repair work is to be carried out and that a repairer approved by us undertakes this work; or

The Limitation on the Amount of our Liability

6.7 If we are liable to you for any reason, we shall (subject always to clause 7) only be liable to refund to you the cost paid for the Service(s) unless you have purchased Parcel Protection for your Consignment from us.

For the avoidance of doubt, this includes any Parcel Protection that you may require in respect of any items listed on the "Items Covered for Loss Only" and "No Compensation Items" lists. No level of Parcel Protection that you purchase from us will render allowable any item which is on the "Prohibited Items" list.

Where you purchase Parcel Protection for your Consignment from us, our liability to you is limited to the lesser of: (i) the value of the Parcel Protection taken out; or (ii) the actual value of the Consignment at the date of loss or damage (as applicable). Where you do not purchase Parcel Protection, you confirm that you accept the risks of not doing so.

I am hoping for someone to tell me if I as a sender have some right to claim the cost of the product itself, not only the cost of the service.

Can I seek my rights in court with a legal advisor/solicitor/lawyer, or no, what do you think?

If someone in the forums has met cases like this and has won them in court, It will much appreciate it if he tells me about it because I will know to seek further help from a solicitor or lawyer.

If there is no chance, it will be much appreciated as well, because I will know not to dig more into this.

Thanks,

Ugh, ok, sorry, I was not aware.

You can lock the topic then :).

Thanks,

Sorry - this forum specializes in US law matters.

What have they told you about it?

If the package was delivered, but then stolen they may have no responsibility. You are usually able to pay for additional services in which someone must sign for the package to ensure receipt. If the package was left at a doorstep and disappeared before the intended recipient could get it then you may not get any compensation.
Has the recipient checked with neighbors in case it we delivered to the wrong address? Was a valuable item sent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back