Consumer Law, Warranties painting contract breeched

Status
Not open for further replies.

thmsj242

i recently contracted a painting company to do the exterior of my home and my neighbors home .Both our contracts state that they will use benjerman moore paint on the homes as well as benjerman moore primer.After they finished painting i asked them to leave me some touch up paint for future touch ups.Come to find out they used Duron paint which is a cheap paint that i did not ask for.we originally wrote them checks for the job they did but after we found this out we put a stop payment on the checks.They have been difficult to deal with and say they are only willing to give us a $30.00 discount on the difference of the paint price.They also are saying that me and my neighbor requested Duron paint when the painters got here that day(which we did not), which is why they used the cheaper paint.What recourse do we have and is this breech of contract.Do we have to pay them? Would be have a good case against them in court?What options do we have from here ?They have threatened to put a mechanics lien on our homes.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back