Paint 'touch-up' that 'has' to be done while I'm gone - with my front door left open

Status
Not open for further replies.

jammies

My apartment management informed me that they have to have painters come by and "touch up" the front door paint (they painted the door when it was closed!). They are coming tomorrow between 8 am and 5 pm. My problem is that I have a business meeting tomorrow starting at 7:30 am and going till about 10:00 (2 miles from my apartment). Due to the wet paint, my front door must be left wide open but I have been told that "one of the office staff" will be "patrolling around" the buildings (multiple) where they are painting. I have EXPENSIVE gem-cutting equipment in my apartment, and I feel VERY uncomfortable about this. I have called the management twice today (without being allowed to speak to the complex manager - just 2 of the lower staff) and asked them if they could wait a couple of hours until I get home, and I have been told that "that isn't possible". I have even offered to get some paint from the painters and paint it myself when I get home and that has been refused too. I need to go to this business meeting! Is there anything I can do about this??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back