Paid Eviction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaac2020

Hi. Iam 2 months late on my rent 6mth an 7mth I was told after the 15th they send out warrant I have the late fee an rent which is $880. But but I only 700. So buy the next month on the 5th of July I had to answer in court buy that time I had the money an court fees. For the month of June I told them the reason why I was going to be late 2 months cause of my car tag in June so they took my money order an asked me when will I have the July rent in I told them it will be in on the 27th of July. I was told if its not in by the 15th I will be still evicted cause of last month late rent was given in the next month rent. Is it possible I get evicted if I paid the whole amount an fees of June rent an still be evicted of July rent. An is it so they can evict me of past due rent back to back. Thanks so much..

You went to court. You alone know what you were told. If the court said you'll be evicted if you don't pay, you'll be evicted.

If you're relating what the landlord said, after taking part of your rent money, don't worry. A landlord can't evict you. He has to take you to court. If he took partial rent owed, he'll have to start all over by serving a notice to quit, waiting, then filing eviction papers with the court, you'll be served, you'll wait for a court date, you show up and argue your case before a judge.

Is it possible for them to still evict me when I paid the last month rent in full an court fees at the time of next month rent is due an late knowing that i told them i will have the total rent an late fees an court fees in that next month.

An no I haven't gone to court. My court date was the same day i had the money in full which was 7/5/13 an my rent was due on 6/1/13 court fees start after the 15th of each month. I was told if I get it in first thing in that morning I wouldn't have to see a judge. An they took the money order an told me if the next month rent is not in after 7/15/13 with the last month I will still be evicted. Is it so

If they took money while an eviction is pending, they'll have to start over to evict you. If you're smart, show up in court. If you don't, you can lose by default. But, bring PROOF you paid, because the judge will dismiss the case because they took money from you.

If you were due in court on the 5th you should have gone even if you paid. There may have been action taken against you that you do not know about.
If you are still behind on rent you may still be evicted. Your promise to pay at a later date does not protect you from eviction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back