Paid Downpayment Now I Got No Car - Dealership

Status
Not open for further replies.

epic1231

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: New Jersey

I went yesterday to a dealership that told me even with bad credit i could get a loan.. I went in and after sitting for 3 1/2 hrs they told me they got me approved.. I had 1k to put down on the car, which i handed over in the form of a debit card (direct from my checking account).. 30 minute later still waiting on the exact APR and total i was told they were having trouble getting me approved by the manager now (not the same guy who told me I was approved).. So i asked for an explanation they said they will take care fo it but it will take a few hours.. I returned that evening and was told it may take up to 48 hrs for them to get everything in order..

Today I call them and they tell me they are to busy to deal with my situation but they can give me a return on my money when they get around to it.. I want the money in the form of a check, i feel they took the money instantly from me, if i let them put it back on my card i am out the 1k and the car that I should of had this weekend.

I am very upset about how I was lied to and railroaded yesterday, do I have any rights in a situation like this? I am thinking of contacting a lawyer not to sue but to bull them into giving me my money back immediately. I never touched the car nor have it in my possession but I have not had my 1k since yesterday and now with the holiday weekend will not get it back until next week, so I don't have enough to go to another dealership to actually buy a car.

How can they do this and get away with it? Am I wrong for telling them not to put it back on my card (will take up to 48 business hours to get back into my bank account) I want it in the form of a check?

PS - we did sign the paperwork for the car with final sale price but I still have not received an APR or what my monthly payments would be - something I have been now asking for since yesterday afternoon (over 27 hrs ago) and yes I know I am stupid for giving the downpayment without having all the
information, I made that mistake but now all I want is my money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back