PA judgement for CC over 9 years old

Willow007

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
I have three against me that are all around 9 years old- was in a really bad position then and blew off paying any of my cc's after my divorce.
Fast forward to 2018 and now I see them showing up when I am trying to refinance my house to get some home repairs. So my mortgage company is refusing to work with me because of these judgements regardless of their age.
Do I just leave them alone (they have not been revived I was told by an attorney offering to look at them) since there has been no current activity ...
Or do I hire this attorney and try to get them taken care of. I am afraid that if I hire an attorney they will be active again and the process will start all over again. Hoping the attorney can help with getting a payment plan granted if that is possible.

Now I know what ZOMBIE DEBT means...

There is ONLY one effective way to ZAP those zombie debts, a chapter seven bankruptcy.

To take such a route one would need to qualify to file a bankruptcy.

I know of no other way to extinguish a judgment.

Even if you arrange to pay the judgments they will remain in your credit record but will show as paid rather than delinquent. This won't likely help much with trying to obtain your loan. If you don't pay the judgments they could still be renewed and remain for another seven years.
As above, if you qualify for bankruptcy it may be your best bet to get out from under those judgments, but then with a fresh bankruptcy you again won't likely get your loan for quite some time.

Thank you for your responses.I am considering hiring an attorney- would an attorney be able to help in these cases at all or would it be just a waste of money.

You need to consult with an attorney to discuss what can be done and what the likely result will be. Ask for a consultation and ask your questions at that time.

Back