Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication P.U. Public Urination Charge in Pennsylvania (PA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlp5002

My jurisdiction is: Pennsylvania

Hello all,

This is my first non-traffic citation of any kind. I was leaving a bar the other night with some friends when a fight broke out, directly outside the bar. I separated myself from the whole deal, waiting for my friends in a nearby parking garage. With my back turned, two local (not State) officers pull up behind me and accuse me of urinating in public (which I was not).

The officer driving was very rude, and did not describe anything to me. I was not arrested, but given a "Non-Traffic Citation Summons." I asked the officer what his best recommendation would be in this situation, and he did not provide any insight. The other, more cooperative officer said 'Just listen it's not a Public Drunkenness or Indecent Exposure or anything buddy, you're not going to jail. It's just a DC.'

Under Section 13, it states: "Case Instituted by [x] On-View Arrest"

Under Section 19, it states: "Charge: Disorderly Conduct"

Under Section 22, it states: "Crimes Code Title 18" with a box checked.

Under section 23 and 24, it states: "Section 5503, Sub Sec. (9) (4). (Could be an 'a' rather than a 9, I'm not sure.)

So, what can I expect from this? There was no amount written in for 'Fine' or 'Costs' and the Total Due is blank. I have a witness that can testify that I was not urinating in public, but since this is close to a college campus, and it most likely comes down to the officers word against mine, I don't think it will help.

I feel like they hand these citations out like candy around here and I do not want something silly like this to go on a record or compromise my future. To anyone out there reading, please help! What should I prepare myself to do?

Go to court before you are required to and find out what the average fine for something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back