Corporate Law ownership rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

fankjojo

hi
in feb 07 , i started up a llc at 50-50 percent with a partner.I invested my money and time in it the same as he did.
After a while, he convinced me that i should remove my name from the LLC since i am an international student .The agreement was that after i become a permanent resident, i will put my name back on.After i became a permanent resident, i told him to sign the papers so i can re become owner at 50 % of the company but he kept playing me, postponing , delaying the signature.
in the meantime, we were still working together and the company was growing, both from my efforts and his.
Someday, he called me and said that he wants us to go our separate way and that we can no longer work together.I was shocked because i felt that he abused me and took advantage of the situation.He refused to talk to me and kept everything since the business was operated from an office at his house.
i don't know what to do.i think since we started the company equally , both us putting our savings and efforts into it , i should be entitled ownership rights in the company.Altough the agreement to put my name back on the company was verbal,i think that it is still a valid agreement.Now, i don't have a job and i never received any payment or salary or check what so ever from the company that i started.He kept everything.I don't think i can work with him anymore but i would like my share even if he decides to keep everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back